Sunday, March 3, 2013

Energy Level

Mom’s strength is dissipating quickly now. Twice this week she has been so exhausted at the end of the day that she can’t stand for the needed cleaning that follows her pre-bedtime toilet run. I have to almost hold her up and, by the time I get her into her chair, she is so stressed out that she ends up vomiting. I don’t know how to do the needed clean up any faster, so I may have to try and do it in phases. I’m not sure if that will work, because she gets more exhausted in every step of the process. Will extending the process let her rest along the way or just drag out the period of stress? I don’t know. My caregivers don’t have any advice for me on this other than keep all the supplies I need close at hand and move as quickly as I can... which I had already figured out for myself. Maybe I should move her bedtime up a bit earlier, but she sleeps so much already….    There may not be a simple solution to this one, but I’ll entertain any ideas you may have.


Update! I tried Plan B tonight. We took the clean up process in three phases with a sit down and rest in between each one. It took a lot longer and she was exhausted by the end of it, but not to the point of vomiting. We're calling it a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment