Thursday, April 18, 2013

End Stage Diabetes

I know I mentioned a while back that I would post a link to an article on late stage diabetes and blood sugar. It took a while for the nurse and I to get our email addresses straight, but here is that link.

http://www.eperc.mcw.edu/ff_258.htm

I think, for me, the biggest take away is that, in end stages of life, elevated blood sugar is less significant than in earlier stages of life. The article indicated that there are several schools of thought as to how high is too high, with one going as high as 280. Having read the article, I have to say that the nurse was right, I'm no longer worrying over morning blood sugars running from the 170 range to the 230's range, which is what we have been seeing, for the most part. One less thing to worry about! Mom and I are okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment